Sunday, 29 September 2013

Downton & Buns

I have been baking a little and knitting a lot. Here goes.....first the home made iced buns.
I have been watching 'The Great British Bake Off' and they had a challenge of making Paul Hollywood's Iced Buns. Mine came out rather nice and we have eaten two each with a cuppa. You can get the receipe if you go onto www.bbc.co.uk/food and type in 'iced buns'. They took an hour to 'prove' then you had to cut them into the shape you want and then let them prove again (total of 1 hour 40 minutes) and then they take ten minutes to bake. At least I know how to make them! The next project I am doing is as per the title, 'Downton'. It's a lovely winter hat for me! It is almost done, only taken two evenings so far and am using Sublime Merino DK and is so soft. Here is a picture of progress so far..
I am not one for wearing hats, I look odd in them but as soon as I saw this pattern on ravelry, I thought it would suit me. We will see! I have been watching a new podcast called 'knittingden' and am enjoying that, I have also started jogging again, it's been around 10 weeks since I jogged because of my foot and so I took it easy today and did 2.5 miles. It was so nice, there was not a soul around and the sun was rising. The past week has been ok. Just work, feeding the birds every morning on the way to work and chatting to them (no, am not mad). The ducks, geese, coots, moorhens all wait for me and the crows are so use to me now that I am surrounded by them as I walk through the park. All you can hear at times are their wings flapping behind me...scary! I had my youngest son round for chinese takeaway on Friday and it was good to see him again. We went into the kitchen to clear up and there was a beautiful red sky and so I had to take a photo of it...
Oh well, got no plans for next week other than going to do jogging again Tuesday and Thursday. I have got to find something else to knit that I can take to work so I might use up some sock yarn and make a pair of fingerless gloves. At least if I dont wear them, they can be a christmas present for someone....have a good week and will try and write again next weekend. Take care everyone!
Post a Comment