Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Here you are, as promised a photo of Big Ben in August whilst we were walking across Hungerford Bridge. It was a bright sunny day and was getting quite busy on the bridge and surrounding area. I remember this now, cause we went into a McDonald's nearby and we ended up walking out again because it was so busy. When you think it was only the middle of the week and the amount of people around was quite surprising. I do realise now how much there is to see in London. The next picture show's you a close up of Big Ben for all you fans of the history of London.
A few weeks ago we ended up going a different way home from Woolwich Arsenal Train Station. We walked to the bottom, past the MArk's & Sparks Outlet and would you adam and eve it, there was Woolwich Ferry and it looked really interesting. It was a bright day and Frank said do I want to go through the foot tunnel. 'What foot tunnel', I said and we walked down the stairs going down which were winding around an old 'lift' that was not used but the stairs were very steep. Here's a picture of the actual tunnel which was quite spooky. It was very echoey and by the time we got to the end, we realised we had a hell of a lot of stairs to walk up.
When we got out of the tunnel, we had a little walk to the bus stop and then it drove past the old Tate & Lyle Sugar Factory. I never ever realised I have missed so many sites around London because of my lack of confidence in travelling. Well, that's it for now, its getting rather chilly and need to walk the dog. I am going to end this post with a picture of my cat Peanut, who died on Monday from Pleural Effusion (collapsed lungs). He was only 5 years old and we are going to miss him terribly.

No comments: