Search This Blog

Sunday 14 October 2012

Autumn pruning...
After a trip to Romford today Frank decided to prune back some of the shrubs because lets face it, I wasn't in the right frame of mind last year or the year before to look after anything outside of the house. Don't you think it looks bare but tidy. The exciting thing about it though is what's growing in the soil. We planted the Frit bulbs, as per my previous post and we are both looking forward to that. I have decided that Autumn is not one of my favourite season's. Why! Because I hate the dark mornings. It make's it difficult to get up in the morning and you just know it's going to get worse because before you know it, it will be dark when I leave work in the afternoon. Oh well, moan and groan over.
The next photo is of a project I started a few hours ago. I bought a size 12mm knitting needle from Hobbycraft and the yarn, Cygnet Seriously Chunky, from Greenwich & Bexley Cottage Hospice. I paid £2.20 per 100g ball and 49 meter's per ball. I am making a comfort wrap for my friend at work called Charlotte. The pattern is from a book called 'Knitting in no Time' by Melody Griffith. That piece of knitting is only 4 rows of the pattern so it's going to be huge, I can't wait to see how many row's I get out of one ball.
This is the start of a crochet christmas project called 'Crochet Reader's Wrap'. It's from ravelry and I purchased it thinking it would keep my attention. Well, it didn't, I ended up mixing up the pattern and designing a few rows myself. The picture doesn't do it justice but wait till it's done. That's it for now. Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I jogged 6 kilometer's this morning so am very pleased with myself. I could have gone on longer because my breathing is amazing when I jog. Trouble is, I was flipping starving when I got home...sod's law.

No comments: