Search This Blog

Monday 10 September 2012

A change in the weather...creates a lull of needing sunshine when all summer we have been moaning 'its too hot and humid'. That about sum's me up at times, mainly because I don't like the humidity. Today, Monday 10th September 2012 starts off with an autumn breeze, leaves starting to fall off the trees, a threat of rain most of the day so far and a slight chill in the air. Sound's quite miserable doesn't it, but I love AUTUMN and it's my second favourite season. My first favourite season is SPRING and that's because the long winter nights and dark mornings soon disappear. I have felt under the weather today and have absolutely no energy so I decided to stay home and try to relax. Did I, sort of! I ended up planting this Dahlia in a hidden spot in the garden
just to try and boost my energy levels but that made me feel quite 'lethargic' so I came back indoors and did some knitting whilst slouching on the sofa with a cuppa. I feel quite tired and rough again, so am going to go and have a nap. I did however, forget to post the next two photo's for you to see. I brought the Dahlia and Conifer Tree home on Friday using a box to carry it and as soon as I put the box down, my eldest cat Tipsy decided to investigate.
Did I mention she is around 14 years old and really sweet. Has never ventured very far from the house and tends to mainly stay in our garden. She does occasionally visit next door's garden but any slight noise, she is back home again. I also meant to post a photo of the Conifer Tree (just to bore you a bit more)
I fell in love with this Conifer the minute I saw its bright green leaves poking out from the middle of a display of boring plain green conifers. We are going to wait to get a nice large tub to put it in for the patio. My partner F also decided to take some cuttings of the ivy that is growing out the front garden and ended up taking 120 cuttings...gord knows what he is going to do with them but they do look good. That's all for now, have a good day everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my blog...

No comments: