Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2011

A week to go

I dont know where the time has gone these past few weeks. The hours go by even more quicker now I am working on my own in my little office, there does not seem to be enough hours in the day. In the past 8 weeks I have walked to work 95% of the time which is 3 miles a day and my eating habits are much much better which means, yes I have lost a stone and now weigh in at 14 stone. I have not followed any specific diet plan like weight watchers, slimming world etc because basically, I cant afford it and would rather spend my £6 on wool. I have been rather concious of what I eat and if I have had too many treats then I am good for the rest of the week.

I have finally finished Joseph's Nap Blanket and his Dad said he cuddled it when he got it. I decided to do a crochet top and bottom for about 8 rows and then did a crochet edge to tidy up a bit. I also tagged it in cross stitch on 14 count aida and as you can see, I am rather pleased with it. I didnt use up as much of my spare stash as I would have liked but at least the box is only half full now. I was tempted to purchase a few odd colours of King Cole DK from my local post office but I refrained because its defeating the object of using up my spare stash.

I have started another project but this time I wanted to do something different, maybe clothing for me. I have looked through Ravelry.com and also looked through lionbrand.com and not really found much that took my fancy and then I came across a pattern called Vinga Belted Cape. It's a design by Kristen Omdahl and it looks so great. Heres a picture of it.. I started it Friday night after purchasing the pattern from Ravelry.com and downloading it (it was so much quicker and only cost £2.52p). I am using a 3.75mm crochet hook and Yoemans Yarn 4ply in cream. Its going rather well for a lacy project and because I can print off as many copies as I want, I am marking off the rows as I do them. Here is a picture of its progress so far..I have this vision of me wearing it when I have lost at least another stone. I could even wear it for work with a nice plain vest underneath, anyway, we will see how it goes. Lace crochet and knitting dont like me normally so watch this space. I am off work now for a week and hopefully I can make good progress on it.

I have been looking for some yarn to make a pair of Tardis Socks for a christmas present but cant seem to see the yarn that takes my fancy. Its obviously got to be a soft yarn so it doesnt itch the foot. I hate itchy socks. Guess I will have to keep hunting around, I might even have a trip out somewhere different for better choice. Oh well, suppose I better get up off my bum and do some work around the house, I will leave you a photo of my Tammie waiting for me to come home from work. My brother took the picture on Thursday.

No comments: