Search This Blog

Sunday 17 July 2011

oooh, lookey here


Yep, that is my Tammie who always decides to lay right on top of my latest projects when I lay them out on my bed for my projects update. Why does she do that or does she know what a camera is... Anyway, I thought I had done more than that especially after spending every night crafting for the past month.

My brother R has asked me to make a blanket for his son J for the winter so I started it last night. I decided to do another mitred blanket and using double strands of acrylic to use up my odds and ends stash. I will knit a plain colour inbetween the mixed up colours.

I am doing my own basic mitred pattern so if your interested, here is how I started the first square that you see on top of the box (if you would like to comment or have any questions about its progression just let me know and I will try to help).

Needles: 4mm
Yarn: Double Knit Acrylic but two strands together

R1. Cast on 53 stitches using two strands of yarn together
R2. Knit 25 stitches, slip 1, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over, knit 25.
R3. Knit every stitch.
R4. Knit 24 stitches, slip 1, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over, knit 24.
R5. Knit every stitch.

Continue these 5 rows making sure you decrease from 25 stitches each side of the decrease down to the last 3 stitches. On the 3 stitches remaining you slip 1, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over. Fasten off. Can you see the mitre shape going from one corner to the other.



On a different note, I seem to be getting a lot of 'page views' (over 2000) on my blog but have still only got 7 followers and am just asking that if you do read my blog regular could you maybe follow me, or even leave a comment.

No comments: