Search This Blog

Friday 24 June 2011

Double Helix Socks

I cant believe it. I am off work today waiting for the council to do some repairs to my radiators etc and am browsing knitty.com and found a pair of socks that you actually start knitting from the heel using two strands of yarn and it is such a brilliant idea, I cant wait to give it a go. It amazes me how these people get these ideas and how they can put it together, its taken me half an hour just to figure it out from reading the pattern half a dozen times. Anyway, thats excitement 1 for the day.

What have I been doing. Well here is square number 2 of the Catherine Wheel Stitch I am making. The pattern has sunk in my brain quite quickly. I dont know how big its going to end up but will be at least 6 squares this size. Sometimes I get rather annoyed with myself because I have so many ideas of projects that I want to make but there is just not enough time in the day and of course, I have to go to work. Oh well, such is life I suppose. I did decide yesterday that I really need to start my christmas knitting and crochet so had better get going on that.

No comments: