Search This Blog

Saturday 28 May 2011

Just got to get on with it....knit

Decided now that its time to stop worrying and just get on with it all. I am off work for a week now so today, I went out with my friend F and daughter H and we went to Romford. Had a good browse over the market and showed H a good make up stall which I think her Mum's purse is going to regret, had a breakfast in Gingham Kitchen and then went off to Tesco's. Went back to friend F's house for tea and cake and then came home.

I got home about 3pm and took this photo of my back garden. Its coming on a treat, especially now the rain has fallen. Had forecast of more rain tonight so the flowers will love that.
This is a close up of my Ceonothus Shrub, wouldnt believe it was bought from Woolworth's about 6 years ago to hide the old concrete washing line. The butterflies love it and the cat hides underneath if it pours down.

On the knitting front.... this is panel 4 of the Capriliga Wedding Afghan, its my own design as far as the little house and the heart either side. The rest of the pattern signifies 'flying geese' which means 'family always fly's home'. I dont want to put too much of the afghan here because the bride to be may be reading and if she is 'Oi you'..

I also have a picture of a blanket my friend has been making for her soon to be born 'grandson'. I taught J how to knit 'basketweave' stitch and she has picked it up really quickly. Well done J.I was thinking the other day how long I have been knitting and crocheting and I worked it out about 30 years so thats a hell of a long time and it explains why my right thumb hurts and cant grip properly. I think its a touch of arthritus setting in so I have been watching 'continental' knitting on youtube and have been practising that. Feels strange but at least I will be ambidextrous should I need to be in the future. Right, I am off now to do a bit more clearing up, have a good evening everyone and remember, knit 1, purl 1, sip of tea and carry on...

No comments: