Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Lace Capelet


I started this capelet a few days ago and am just enjoying it so much. I got the wool from a shop in Upminster, (rather posh shop) and it was £5.99 a ball but had over 400 yards of it. Its got metallic, mohair, acrylic and wool in the content so its a mixture of sorts but feels so soft and light. My vision is to wear it over a white t-shirt with a pair of jeans. I havent made anything for myself ever, so I hope it goes ok. I did cheat a little though. I casted on 240 stitches, knitted a few rows and then pulled them off the needle to see if it would go round me and it seems ok, so far.

I want to get it done as quick as I can because I need to get a bag done for a friend who is going to a wedding. She wants a crocheted black bag with glitzy bits on it, so keep your fingers crossed. If it goes well, I will post the pattern on here later.

No comments: