Search This Blog

Sunday 24 August 2014

Canada Square or better known as Canary Wharf....

We went out at 07:20am today and got the train to see Frank's family for an early breakfast.  Frank then cut the grass at the front with an old push along lawn mower and then we headed off to Greenwich Park with Tammie.  It was so sunny but cool and really relaxing to just wander around the park.  Tammie chased a few squirrels and I told her off because we were in London and the squirrel's are tougher.....she didnt take no notice.

We then went to the McDonald's near the Cutty Sark and sat by the edge of The Thames right next to the entrance of the Greenwich Foot Tunnel which goes to Island Gardens.  It was quite busy while we ate our lunch and I took a few photo's and this one is of the small jetty where you can get a ferry along the Thames.......

I've even caught a photo of a pigeon in flight....didn't even notice that when I took the picture.

We then walked through the Foot Tunnel and the sad girl that I am, I counted 94 steps down in a spiral. We could have took the lift but wanted to count the steps.  We then walked through which was rather noisy with all the people and then got the widest lift ever up to the top.  We decided to make our way home after that and we got on the Docklands Light Railway at Island Gardens to Canary Wharf and I took a photo of the famous No.1 Canada Square which is the really tall building that has a light flashing at the top.   It's strange looking at it so close when I see it every single day walking the dog....here it is.

I haven't really walked around this area but in all honesty, it's very sterile and I feel like I have to be on my best behaviour.  It's not like the relaxed atmosphere at my work.  It's a very 'unrelaxed' feeling can only imagine what it's like on a week day here.  We didn't get home till around 13:45 and we were shattered, even Tammie is sleeping on the floor stretched out so she must be worn out.

As far as my hobbies go, I am making some Christmas Presents and slowly getting my mojo back. It's taking a long time to feel relaxed and for my nerves to calm.  I have been eating better and sleeping better and am looking forward to finding a new home for Frank, me and our animals.  I got out my grey blanket that I finished quite a long time ago and have put it over the back of the sofa as a throw.  I am really beginning to like the colour grey....

Oh well, going to go now and relax. Here is a photo of Tammie sitting on the wall near the Thames posing like a posh pup that she is......






No comments: